The sprawling Democratic field features candidates ranging from 37 to 77 years old; liberals and moderates; senators, governors and mayors; and an unprecedented number of women and minorities. Democrats view the upcoming election as a must-win, and they're looking to nominate someone who is their best hope to beat President Donald Trump.
Here are the 23 candidates:
As featured on
Biden has attempted to thwart the president with a frontal assault on Trump's morality, particularly his defense of some of those at the 2017 march of white nationalists in Charlottesville, Virginia.
How many Democratic candidates were there in 1976? One historian put the number at 17, though it depends on how you count them. Let's just say the race was remarkably fluid right up until to the last primary.
Some say the Democratic Party needs to do better at talking to people in small towns. Others say that's a waste of time.
BH News Trending
- The true story behind 'Unbelievable,' Netflix's gripping new drama about the women who solved a serial rape case
- Border fence construction could destroy archaeological sites, Park Service finds
- Network seeks to become MTV for the gamer generation
- McDonald's is tardy to the chicken-sandwich party with a spicy entry that can't touch Popeyes'
- 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek says he's resumed chemotherapy
- Pigeon poops on Illinois lawmaker discussing pigeon poop problem
- 'Dancing With the Stars' premiere: Ranking all contestants from best to worst
- Gasoline pump prices in U.S. set to jump after Saudi attack
- Video: Brad Pitt asks astronaut: Who was better? Clooney or me?
- The parking garage beating in Charlottesville lasted 10 seconds. DeAndre Harris still lives with the damage.
- Hundreds of people have filed to run for president in 2020; meet four of them
- 'SNL' rescinds cast invitation to Shane Gillis over YouTube video
- A California woman dreamed she swallowed her engagement ring. She woke to find that she had.
- Women recreate video of Homer Simpson’s New Orleans gobble tour
- Propane explosion kills firefighter, injures 6 other people in Maine
- Playoff pressure doesn't dent the Mystics in their opener
- Israeli election leaves both major parties well short of a majority
- Can justice be found in rubble of Purdue Pharma?
- Homeless people hurt 'prestige' of Los Angeles and San Francisco, Trump says
- Vaping industry launches crisis mode after Trump ban
- Pompeo to fly to Mideast as Tehran rules out talks
- Doctor's disappearance is another example of Zimbabwe's grim repression
- Sander Vanocur, TV journalist and panelist in Kennedy-Nixon debate, dies at 91